With all of the decisions, we have to make in a day, worrying about how we appear shouldn’t be one of them. The question is how to dress nicely every day without any thought or effort. It should be enjoyable and energizing to get dressed in the morning. Here, we will talk about 11 fashion pieces of advice to keep you looking stylish at all times. It’s not always about following the latest trends, mastering intricate style tactics, or dressing in the costliest outfits to look more trendy. It’s as simple as lightly tucking your shirt in, throwing on a pair of sunglasses, or layering up your style.
Basic Fashion Rules Every Girl Should Know
- Make the most of your capsule wardrobe- Make sure you have the following wardrobe essentials: a classic little black dress, a pair of well-fitting trousers, a classic blazer, simple Neutral-hued tees, and button-downs, as well as a casual leather jacket (or denim jacket). The trick to looking put-together is to invest in a capsule collection of mix-and-match basics (and learn how to dress them).
2. Take good care of your garments– Looking trendy necessitates the appearance of well-kept clothing. There are no stains, holes, loose threads, or creases. If you want your clothes to look well-kept, the easiest way to accomplish this is to keep them clean! Maintain your garments by keeping them clean, folding and storing them correctly, and performing other basic care as needed (e.g., sewing minor holes).
3. Check to see if your clothing is a perfect fit- Hiring a professional tailor is one way to make any piece of clothing seem beautiful. Tailored clothing not only looks good, but it also feels good. Pants that drag on the ground or clothes that bunch up awkwardly will not make you feel sophisticated. If your capsule wardrobe fits you well, you can begin to experiment with over-and under-sized things in a stylish, not sloppy, manner
4. Discover your distinctive style- It can take years to develop a signature style, but you can start by making a mood board. Keep in mind that personal style is an experiment; you never know what amazing looks you’ll find in the dressing room until you arrive. The terms “menswear” and “womenswear” should not be used to guide your purchasing decisions. Experiment with different colors and shapes to see what looks best on your specific figure.
5. Dress appropriately for the weather-Look at the weather forecast as much as possible before leaving your house. It will assist you in staying prepared and dressing appropriately. If it’s raining, don’t wear white or anything that will take a long time to dry if you get wet, and don’t forget your umbrella. Instead of heels, plan on wearing comfy shoes that will allow you to move quickly or perhaps sprint.
6. Learn how to keep proportions in check– It’s all about arranging your attire to achieve an overall aesthetic harmony when it comes to balancing proportions. Wearing clothes that are tailored to your body form is one approach to doing this. Make a fashion statement by keeping the rest of your outfit fitted when you want to experiment with bigger or odd shapes. For example, a tight crop top can be worn with wide-leg jeans or a puff-shoulder shirt can be worn with straight-leg pants.
7. Improve your shopping skills-Learning how to buy exactly what you want will help you avoid overstocking your closet with goods you’ll never use. When you have a wardrobe full of items you adore, putting together an ensemble becomes second nature.
8. Purchases should be made carefully– You want your clothes to look pricey if you want to look very trendy. You can make inexpensive clothing appear costly, but investing in some truly pricey pieces may be a better option. A few key pieces of difficult-to-replicate luxury items, such as a great sweater or wool coat, may truly elevate your look. Dress appropriately for the weather
9. Experiment with color– If you’re hesitant about adding color to your wardrobe, start with one bright piece and keep the rest of it neutral. As you better understand colors, you’ll discover which color combinations work best for your style. To get ideas, look at a color wheel.
10. Use a variety of designs and patterns-The days of wearing your handbag and shoes in the same color scheme are long gone. Contrasting materials and designs make a bold fashion statement. Start with simple patterns like stripes and low-key textures like leather and knits, then gradually introduce sequins and paisleys in small doses (such as a scarf, tie, or clutch) Unless you figure out what suits you best.
11. Finish with a belt. One of the simplest ways to make any outfit look more put-together is to add a belt. It’s also a great way to bring harmony to an otherwise imbalanced ensemble, like a long cashmere sweater with a billowy midi skirt.
Fashion is important to us because it allows us to express ourselves, but it also allows us to tell the world something important about who we are or who we want to be. Fashion evolves regularly, with each decade having its distinct traits. With fashion guidance for styling every look in your closet, you’ll acquire confidence in your style with fashion advice for styling any look in your closet.
Check this also: How To Maintain your Closet?